Gamecube Controller Adapter – Zadig, Dolphin, and More
Gamecube Controller Adapter
A mutual drawback of emulation on PC is that the drivers’ actual use requires a bit more footwork to Gamecube controller Adapter.
It is especially problematic when PC gamepads like the Xbox One controller don’t easily translate into GameCube games on Dolphin.
Luckily, using real GameCube controllers with Dolphin isn’t too tricky, and we are more than happy to guide you through the process.
What you will need
A Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter, either the official Nintendo product or the third-party version of Mayflash.
Together will work identically for this guide, but the Mayflash version needs to be switched to Wii U mode.
- A real Nintendo GameCube controller
- A 64-bit version of Windows
- Two open USB 2.0+ ports
- Unfortunately, you will likely have to buy something to follow this guide properly.
The release of Smash Brothers for Wii U introduced an adapter for the Wii U GameCube Controller.
The developers at Dolphin were able to make it compatible with their emulator quickly. Before following the rest of this guide, make sure that the above list of requirements has been fully met.
Using Zadig to replace the controller
Jump by downloading and installing Zadig, which you can find here. Zadig is a utility that lets you modify the drivers for the USB devices you are using.
In this case, we will replace the default Windows driver for our GameCube adapter with one that Dolphin can read correctly.
Don’t worry. It will only change how your PC recognizes the adapter, and it will continue to work as intended with the Wii U.
- Once you start Zadig, you will see a blank screen like this one.
- Click taking place “Options” and select “List all devices.”
- Now click taking place in the drop-down menu and select WUP-028.
- After selecting WUP-028, verify that its USB ID is “057E 0337,” as shown below.
- If not, you may find it essential to restart your computer and reconnect the device to a different USB port.
If everything is lined up, make sure that you have selected the WinUSB driver, formerly click “Replace Driver” to replace the driver.
However, Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter will now be recognizing in Dolphin!
Using the GameCube Controller in Dolphin
- Go ahead and open Dolphin.
- Click Drivers.
- Click the Port 1 drop-down menu below the GameCube Controller.
Go fast and select “GameCube Adapter for Wii U.” Note that this will agree to the port your current controller is plugging into on the adapter.
- A fast way to verify that Dolphin recognizes your adapter is to click “Configure” to the right drop-down menu.
- Suppose you get a little pop-up that says “Adapter Detected” congratulations. Your controller should work fine.
- If you do not make this confirmation, you have not followed this guide correctly. Please retry the principle according to our instructions or comments below, and we will help you