Hi, I hope you are having a good day! Manual vs Automatic SEO are two different approaches to improving a website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). Manual SEO involves making changes to a website’s content, code, and structure by hand, while automated SEO uses software to make these changes automatically. Ultimately, the best SEO approach depends on the website’s specific needs. Automated SEO may be a good option if the website is small and has a limited budget. However, manual SEO may be a better option if the website is large or has a high budget. For further information, please follow us along the end of the article.
Table of Contents
Manual vs Automatic SEO
As you may now know, search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the cheapest ways to drive highly targeted traffic to a website.
Your website can take elevated positions on the SERPs through good on-page and off-page SEO, thus driving a great quantity of traffic to your website.
The first entry on Google gets 33 per cent of search traffic, while the 10th only earns 2 per cent.
Through the thousands of SEO software and SEO platforms in the world of digital marketing, it has become quite challenging to decide whether to hire an SEO agency or use the SEO platforms available.
Most of this SEO software and platforms can do anything SEO-related such as keyword research, social bookmarking, directory submission, blog comments, forum posts, and more.
Here Manual SEO involves an individual or team of SEO experts implementing the various on-page and off-page SEO strategies on a website by hand.
On the other hand, automated SEO uses software (or SEO platforms like posirank.com) to implement SEO strategies on a site.
Regrettably, most people tend to dismiss the word automation because it means it has to be spam. It is a common mistake.
To help you determine which manual and automated SEO is better for your website, we’ll go over the Advantages and Disadvantages of each approach.
Advantages of Manual SEO
Although it can be tedious and time-consuming, manual SEO has a few advantages, which you need to consider.
- Now are some of the pros of using manual SEO (both on-page and off-page SEO) on a website:
- You have 100% controller over your search engine optimization strategies.
- You can certify that an SEO task has been handled according to plan.
- With manual SEO, you can improve your off-page SEO by handpicking backlinks.
You can choose where your site is linked from – the quality of those sites and the quality of content surrounding the backlinks.
Disadvantages of Manual SEO
Next are some of the reasons why you should avoid manual SEO at all costs:
- Manual SEO is time-consuming. It can take hours for an SEO expert assistant to submit 10 websites to search engines.
- It includes a high level of dedication and effort on your SEO team. This dedication could be channelled into areas that cannot be automated.
- It is not cheap. Since the tasks are manual, you must hire a great team of SEO experts.
- It is prolonged. Manual SEO strategies take a long time to implement. A day wasted in the ever-changing world of SEO could lead to huge losses – the opportunity cost of lost traffic.
- For great websites (with thousands of pages), manually SEO would take years.
Advantages of Automated SEO
Automated SEO uses fully or semi-automated SEO software or platforms to implement SEO strategies with little effort on your part.
- Next are about of the reasons why you should consider automating some of your SEO tasks:
- Automated SEO is quite inexpensive. It’s relatively cheaper, not to mention faster, to complete SEO tasks automatically than manually.
- You can easily handle tedious and time-consuming tasks such as site audits. You can check for broken links or the density of keywords, tags, and meta content on large websites.
- Here you can get precise and up-to-date data on your keyword rankings.
- It’s pretty easy to analyze your competitors’ backlinks, keyword density, tags, and meta content and replicate what is working.
- Automated SEO allows you to schedule SEO tasks, saving you time.
- You won’t need to hire a sizeable SEO team, thus increasing your ROI.
Disadvantages of Automated SEO
- When not used correctly, SEO software can create low-quality backlinks. Low-quality backlinks can penalize your site.
- Most SEO software emphasizes quantity over quality, leading to long-term problems.
- Most links created over automation can never be a source of the traffic to your site.
Either you choose, it is essential to consider your options carefully. You need to be sure that you are making the right decision for your business, both in the long and short period, and not just choosing the cheapest or most straightforward option.