Table of Contents
Mario games have been over 37 years since Mario first appeared in the 1981 classic “Donkey Kong.” Since then, he has been in many games.
There are an estimated 170 ranging from classics like “Super Mario World” to more. However, not so known as “Hotel Mario” and “Mario’s Time Machine.”
However, with so many games, playing the best ones can be a daunting task. Here, from Business
Insider, we bring you a list that can serve as a guide when going through this iconic character’s history in popular culture in recent years.
5 Best Mario Games to Choose
Super Mario Bros. 2
- In truth, “Super Mario Bros. 2” is not a “real” Mario game but a slightly modified version of a game that already existed at that time: “Doki Doki Doki Panic.”
- Moreover, that is not something that counts so much as to remove it from this list. However, it allows you to choose the character and play as Mario, Luigi, Toad, or the Princess.
- Here, each of them has its unique attributes.
- For example, the Princess can float in the middle of a jump for a short time, and Luigi jumps a little higher than the others.
- Most regularly, it’s a surreal adventure filled with insane landscapes, crazier enemies, and a bird that pops eggs out of its mouth, making it an experience not to be missing.
Super Mario land
- “Super Mario Land” is the first mobile version of “Super Mario” since its destination was the Game boy.
- However, it’s an excellent standalone Mario game that took the original NES game concept and created something entirely new .
- It’s still a standard platformer – you start on the left side of a level and go through it moving to the right, killing enemies along the way.
- Moreover, “Super Mario Land” is full of new ideas, some of them as delicious as an underwater vehicle that we can pilot.
Super Mario 3D World
- Here, it is the best Mario game ever made in the last five years (before “Odyssey,” of course). However, the best “Super Mario” games of the modern era.
- It seamlessly blends gameplay with nostalgia while introducing new twists on what we already know. It’s gorgeous, fresh, and perfectly designed.
- With permission to “Super Mario Bros. 2,” we can to play as Mario, Luigi, Peach, or Toad, each retaining the same unique ability they had in the original NES game.
- Each level feels like a gift waiting to be opened, and playing as a team with friends and family is a real treat. However, it might be the best game Nintendo ever made for the Wii U.
Super Mario Galaxy 2
- “Super Mario Galaxy 2” was the pinnacle of 3D games in the franchise. It takes the space theme from the first “Galaxy” game and gives a fresh take on how traditional Mario levels are structured.
- He is not afraid to introduce drastically new game mechanics for a single group to do this.
- In various ways, it is a masterpiece for 3D platforming and attests to Nintendo’s expertise in game design.
New Super Mario Bros.
- The “Galaxy” series of Mario games did for 3D. The “New” series did for 2D. When it inwards on the Nintendo DS in 2006, this game was a breath of fresh air for the franchise.
- It updated the graphics, offered a host of new mechanics, and evolved Mario’s 2D side through a crazy multiplayer mode.
- The most recent instalments of the series also added cooperative play, a direct nod to said multiplayer mode. And also, it features some of the best level designs in any “Super Mario” game.